rPET is a proven material in the food packaging industry and is fast becoming the new standard in a whole new generation of responsible packaging, helping businesses to meet their CSR objectives.
What is rPET
rPET is simply recycled PET material, sourced from post-consumer waste (PCW) drinks bottles. Currently made from a minimum of 50% PCW.
Post Consumer Waste, that is used PET bottles and other containers from collection – and bottle deposit programs. The collected material is put through a rigorous and stringent sorting – , flaking – , and washing process.
Snelcore purchase the washed flake and then extrude into food approved sheet for the thermoforming industry.
Using rPET means a significant reduction of the carbon footprint and a reduction in waste going to landfill, and offers a cost effective alternative to the traditional plastic packaging.
- high quality, stable, excellent finished product
- growing supply of raw material and known technology
- recyclable & sustainable material – competitively priced
- rPET is a sustainable proven material that works
- rPET is recognised by leading foodservice, retail & FMCG brands
- building consumer and customer rPET recognition
- all foodservice packaging is now rPET*
- rPET is the most environmentally responsible packaging material on the market
*forks and microwave range are not available in rPET
- back into the recycling infrustrature ready for reprocessing for manufacture